Buckwheat is considered one of well known super foods. One of widely popular Ukrainian recipes is buckwheat milk porridge.
- 6 cup milk
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
- 1-2 tsp butter
- Wash the buckwheat well and pour into the milk.
- Put on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally, as it can stick to the bottom. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the buckwheat is soft.
- Add the sugar and salt, mix well. Add the butter on the top.
- Serve hot. Enjoy this healthy and delicious meal!