For this recipe I use liquid measuring cup for all ingredients. Do not use weight for dry ingredients like sugar and salt. Only peppers are measured by real weight.
So far this is one of my favorite canning recipes, I love this pepper!
- 2 kg sweet pepper, net weight
- 160 ml water
- 160 ml white vinegar, 5% acidity
- 80 ml light olive oil or alike (avocado, grapeseeds – any tasteless)
- 80 ml sugar
- 2/5 tbsp salt
- 6-8 whole black peppers (optional)
- Clean and cut peppers to chunks approximately 1×2 inches or smaller.
- Prepare and sterilize glass jars and lids (for this amount that would be 4-pint or 2-qrart jars).
- Put all ingredients into a pot, cover with a lid, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fill glass jars with peppers, cover and twist lids.
Keep in cool place up to 1 year.
Serve like vegetable salad with main dishes.
* * * * * *
From my own organic garden