- 200 g dry cottage cheese (farmer’s cheese OK)
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- stevia to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Using a fork, mix dry cottage cheese, egg, stevia, and salt.
- Mix in arrowroot flour and coconut flour.
- Using hands, divide dough to 8 pieces for patties
- Shape round patties.
- On medium to slow heat, add ghee or oil to a frying pan, bake patties on both sides.
Serve with sour cream or with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Using hands, divide dough to 12 pieces.
- Shape oval dumplings.
- Using a spoon, carefully immerse each dumpling into a slowly boiling water in a pot on medium heat.
- Wait until dumplings emerge, reduce heat, cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon (skimmer).
- Serve dumplings with sour cream.
If you did not add stevia to dough, you may sprinkle dumplings with xylitol (if you like sweets like me 🙂
For this recipe, I’ve used unsalted homemade dry cottage cheese (made from organic whole milk), (I’ll post this recipe later). For this reason, I could not find exact nutritional information for this entire recipe, that would be very benefitial for Ketogenic dieters.
For those not on Ketogenic diet, you may use 3 tbsp of white flour instead of arrowroot and coconut flours combined.