- 21 oz (600 g) cottage cheese
- 3.5 oz (100 g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3.5 oz (100 g) semolina
- 5.3 oz (150 g) flour
- Beat cheese in a blender with the sugar and eggs.
- Add a little salt, mix until it’s smooth.
- Add semolina and mix. You can do dumplings only with flour, but semolina makes the consistency of a more gentle and less viscous.
- Add flour, knead again. The dough should be good to roll and cut in pieces, on well-floured surface. If you overdo it with the flour, the dumplings will be too hard.
- On a floured surface, make a roll with the dough 2 in (4-5 cm) in diameter and cut small pieces.
- The resulting dumplings lay on a floured, so they are not stick to each other. In this state you can freeze them, and then folded into a package for the future.
- The last step is cooking dumplings. To do this in a large saucepan, boil the water and submerge the dumplings by small portions. When they emerge, they can be taken out and lay on the plates.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
- You may also fry the cooked dumplings in a small amount of unsalted butter until they are golden. Also serve with sour cream.