You will need:
- 1 pack of 24 small or 12 large croissants
- Sliced almonds
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sugar powder
- 125 g or 1 stick butter, soft
- 0.5 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp cocoa (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 0/5 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar or sugar powder
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- Keep croissants uncovered overnight. On the next day, cut them in half horizontally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare syrup by warming water and mixing in sugar or sugar powder until dissolved. Add rum if desired.
- In a stand mixer, combine almond flour and sugar powder. Add cocoa if desired. Mix using a whisk attachment. Blend in softened butter. Add vanilla and almond extract if desired. Add eggs one at a time, mix on medium speed until creamy.
- Moist each croissant cut side using a . Spread almond filling on the bottom half, stick together with top half, spread some filling on the top.
- Sprinkle well with sliced almonds.
- Put on a baking pan.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until the top filling is golden.
- Let it cool at room temperature. Sprinkle with sugar powder.