- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb margarine or butter or shortening
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- flour, approximately 3 cups
- Combine 2 cups of flour and margarine. Grind by hands to small pieces.
- Mix baking soda and lemon juice for reaction. Add mixture and sour cream to the flour/margarine.
- Mix dough quickly, adding the rest of flour.
- Put dough into refrigerator at list for 30 minutes.
- Get your favorite filling ready for rolls. It can be either canned poppy seeds filling or pitted sour cherries, drained.
- Dust a large cutting board with small amount of flour, put the dough and roll very thin (2 mm would be perfect).
- Using a pastry wheel, cut the dough into triangles of desired size.
- Fill each triangle with desired filling. Roll and form a crescent shape cookies.
- Put each roll onto lightly greased baking pan / cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated to 350 degrees F for 16-17 minutes. Don’t over-bake, it should be light color.
- Let rolls cool down. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Note: You may also use crashed nuts mixed with sugar filling as well.