- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- Oil for frying
- You may choose fresh peeled and chopped apples, fresh or canned fruits like apricots, cherries or sour cherries, plums etc. Add some sugar so it won’t be too sour when it’s baked/fried.
- You may also use ground meat filling from Chebureki recipe (will be posted soon).
- If you have a mixer like Kitchen Aid, put all ingredients together and let the mixer to make a dough.
- Preheat a deep frying pan filled with oil in about a half. When not using a thermometer, I drop a little chunk of dough into oil while it’s heating up. I watch until a dough chunk starts frying so I know the oil is hot enough for frying the rolls.
- The dough does not need to raise. Dust a smooth surface of a table or large cutting board with extra flour, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces.
- Fill each dough piece with filling, immediately put into preheated oil, fry on both sides thoroughly on medium heat.
- Remove the rolls on a paper towel that would absorb an access of oil.
- Put into a serving platter. Enjoy!