This is easy recipe to make these beautiful and delicious hod dogs wrapped in dough.
27 years ago I tried them for the first time, during my internship after finishing technical college, in Ukraine. They were so delicious!
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 cup white flour
- Egg for glazing
- Hot dogs
- Parmesan or Mozzarella finely grated cheese
- Add yeast into warm milk, let it stay for a few minutes for fermentation.
- Add sugar, salt, oil, and flour, mix and knead well. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer and I like that.
- Let dough raise for about one hour in warm room (if possible).
- Using a wooden rolling pin, roll the dough on a floured flat surface. Cut in stripes (I use a pizza cutter or pastry cutter wheal for this step).
- Wrap each hot dog with a dough strip, put on a well greased baking sheet. Let it raise for a little bit.
- Brush with beaten egg on the top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan or Mozzarella, or leave as is.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
P.S. You may substitute 1 cup of white flour with whole wheat flour.