This is another quick and easy variation of pancakes recipe. The structure of batter and temperature of preheated frying pan will make these pancakes look like a lace.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- Mix well buttermilk, egg, sugar, salt, oil, and flour.
- Quickly mix baking soda with very hot (boiling) water, add to the batter, mix everything well.
- Let it set for 5 minutes.
- Bake on greased frying pan. A frying pan has to be preheated, regulate heat during baking; it may change time to time, depending of your kitchen range and frying pan quality.
- Serve hot or warm with your favorite dressing (strawberry dressing, maple syrup, butter, sour cream etc.)