These delicious skewers, if done properly, could be the best option for any party, special celebration or just a dinner.
I make them from pork meat. My favorite meat is so-called pork carnita (in my local store). But you may try a different kind of pork if carnita is not available at your local food stores.
- 1 lb (450 g) pork meat
- 1/2 white onion (yellow would be OK too, if white is not available)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp Adobo Goya seasoning (this is my favorite natural seasoning, no MSG and other harmful chemicals added)
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp full mayonnaise (try homemade recipe)
- Cut the meat into chunks.
- Cut the onion into large chunks.
- Mix with all ingredients, cover with plastic.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Put the meat chunks onto wooden or metal sticks (put the onion chunks between the meat if desired).
- Preheat a grill to high temperature, then turn to low or medium (depending on a grill kind).
- Grill the skewers turning the sides after 4-5 minutes for several times, until it cooked thoroughly. Please watch and don’t overcook, otherwise meat become dry.
- Serve with vegetables and potato if desired. Enjoy!