Ingredients for dough:
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) sour cream
- 150 g butter, soft
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour + 1/2 cup on a board
Ingredients for filling:
- 1 lb (or more) farmer cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 1 tbsp flour
Plus 1 egg for glazing
- Prepare the filling mixing well all ingredients. Depending on cheese thickness, add less or more sour cream; if too thick, add one more egg. If too watery, add more semolina and/or flour.
- Prepare the dough: beat well eggs and sugar, then add soft butter and sour cream, beat again.
- Add salt, vanilla, baking powder, mix.
- Mix in 3 cups of flour.
- Pour additional 1/2 cup of flour on an extra large cutting board (or clean flat surface), transfer the dough on the board, knead well adding more flour if necessary so the dough is good for rolling/forming patties.
- Roll the dough with a kitchen rolling pin in 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a wide mug or wide canning lid band/ring, cut circles.
- Fill each circle with cheese filling, about 1 full tsp. Cover the filling with another half of the dough circle so it is visible on side.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Glaze each cookie with lightly beaten egg.
- Bake 20-27 minutes at 350 degrees F until golden brown.