This recipe can be used on any occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas or any other. You may also use duck or chicken instead of turkey, with smaller amount of ingredients of course.
My family really likes rice stuffing that comes only in this way of cooking.
For this recipe I had 17 lb turkey.
- 3 tbsp sea salt (you can add 1 tsp more)
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 7-8 garlic gloves, crushed or grated
- 5 bay leaves, crashed
- Rice for stuffing
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic, and bay leaves. Rub this mix all over the turkey, outside and inside. Leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Cook rice (I took about 3 cups of rice with 6 cups of water), adding some salt for taste. When rice is cooked, add melted butter, and mix lightly. If you love butter you can add 6 to 8 tbsp to the rice.
- Stuff the turkey with rice. I also put some rice in a neck opening, cover with skin and saw using a simple needle and thread, for cooking time. I also saw the main opening for cooking time.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 4 to 5 hours. Cover with foil from the beginning so the skin won’t dry quickly. Later, about after 3 hours, open and let it get more light brown color.
- After it’s cooked, remove threads. The rice stuffing will become juicy from baked turkey meat.